The Baltimore Waterfront Promenade along the Inner Harbor is the signature running option in Baltimore. There’s about 5.5 miles of dedicated waterfront path along the the Patapsco River, around marinas, along piers, and passing numerous sites. We’ve mapped the entire Inner Harbor route, which goes from the Baltimore Museum of Industry in the southwest section of the harbor, around downtown, and then along the eastern side south to Canton Waterfront Park. There are great water views nearly the whole way. Key landmarks, from southwest to southeast: American Visionary Museum, Science Center, Historic Ships, National Aquarium, Harbor East, Broadway Pier, Fells Point, and Anchorage Park, Canton Waterfront Park. The surface includes red brick, some sections of wooden pier, cobblestones in Fells Point, and a handful of pedestrian bridges.
- Federal Hill neighborhood. At the American Visionary Museum. Some nicer older homes and also Federal Hill Park. Great view from the top.
- Boston Street. Just inland from the eastern harbor waterfront path, Boston St. is a good street to run on.
- S Clinton St. More of an industrial feel.
- Patterson Park. Just 0.5 miles north of the Aliciana St./Boston St. intersection. Great park for running. See our route.
- Run to Fort McHenry. From the Baltimore Museum of Industry terminus of the waterfront path, take Fort St. for 1.2 miles to Fort McHenry.
- Up to 5.4 miles one-way. Good add-on options
- Numerous possible start points
- Numerous start points and access areas
Comment on this Route/Share a Photo!
Share your feedback on this route and see that of other Great Runs users. Click on the image icon to upload a photo. And please let us know if there are notes or changes we should incorporate!