This is a wonderful waterside run in Hoboken, with great views of the Hudson River and the Manhattan skyline. This former industrial port has transformed in recent years, with the Hudson River Waterfront Walkway connecting several green spaces, and hip bars, restaurants, and shops lining Frank Sinatra Drive and Washington St.
We’ve mapped a nearly 6-mile route along the riverfront path, starting at Pier A park next to the Hoboken train station and and ferry terminal, heading north through Weehawken to Guttenberg. It’s a dedicated multi-use path the whole way, with great views. On a nice day, it’s very festive with lots of people out for a run or a stroll. Distances from Pier A Park heading north:
- 1 Mile: Stevens Institute of Technology
- 2.6 miles: Weehawken Recreation Pier
- 3.3 miles: Lincoln Tunnel
- 3.8 miles: Hamilton Park, Hackensack
- 4.1 miles: Days Point and Weehawken Ferry Terminal
The waterfront path also runs south of Pier A Park, to Jersey City and Liberty State Park. There are a couple of interruptions/road connections, but it’s pretty seamless.
- 5.8 miles one-way
- 120 feet
- Pier A Park, Hoboken or any point on path
- Hoboken train station/ferry terminal. Ferry goes to Manhattan
Comment on this Route/Share a Photo!
Share your feedback on this route and see that of other Great Runs users. Click on the image icon to upload a photo. And please let us know if there are notes or changes we should incorporate!