Putrajaya is a recently developed area that has become Kuala Lumpur’s administrative center. A planned city built on a grand scale, there are wide avenues, waterways, impressive buildings, and lots of parks and greenery. Putrajaya is 25 km south of KL — not far from the airport — and comprises some 12,000 acres. It’s divided into 11 precincts.
There are excellent running options in Putrajaya. In fact, this is a great area to stay if you want a nice hotel near good running. Here are a few suggestions and highlights for running in Putrajaya:
- 15k/10 mile run: Do all or part of this run. Start at the Lake Recreation Center and run through the Botanical Garden. Great views of the impressive Taman Putra Perdana. Continue running south by the Prime Minister’s Office, the Putra Mosque, and the landmark Dataran Putra Square, over the bridge and then run through the verdant Taman Wawasan Putrajaya Park for 2km. Now, either return back to the start, or for the full 15k loop, head toward the water to the Anjung Floria (botanical garden), and over the bridge, where stairs lead to the Lakeside Path, where you’ll head north for 4 km. Cross back over the Lebuh Wawasan Bridge, and then run the 2 km back toward the start.
- Taman Saujana Hijau & Wetlands Park Loop: This park, located in Precinct 11, is very green and features great views of Putrajaya. A loop through the park is ~3 km. For a longer, 12k run, head east for 2 km into the Putrajaya Wetlands Park, which has 2 km of pleasant green paths and then a lake section. Retrace your steps for the return, via Jalan P11a.
- Routes of 15.7 (10 miles) and 12 km (7.5 miles). Each has option to make longer or shorter
- 652 feet for 15k route; 422 feet for 12k route.
- Depends on route chosen
- Reachable via metro and train
Comment on this Route/Share a Photo!
Share your feedback on this route and see that of other Great Runs users. Click on the image icon to upload a photo. And please let us know if there are notes or changes we should incorporate!