The Legazpi district in southeastern Madrid features numerous parks and paths that are great for running. Run these standalone, or combine with our Madrid Río route or parks in the Usera neighborhood just to the west.
Parque Tierno Galván. A scenic tree-filled park featuring a pond, fountains & gardens, and a planetarium. Start along the railroad tracks near Calle Parroco Eusebio Cuenca, then continue around the park. There are some opportunities for fun stair climbs, and fantastic views from the hillside. There are drinking fountains throughput the park. It’s a ~5 km loop.
- Combine with Manzanares Lineal Park (below), using the pedestrian bridge at the southwest end, near the Pista BMX track.
Manzanares Lineal Park, just south of Galván, is a linear park that’s sort of a southern extension of our Madrid Río route. There are lovely paths for running on both sides of the river, with great views from its two observation decks. It’s ~6 km from Las Cascadas Park south to the M45.
- Combine with the Madrid Río route, Parque Galván to the north, or with Parque de Pradolongo/Parque Emperatriz María de Austria just west in the Usera district.
- Can also connect to Parque Forestal de Entrevías, 0.5 km to the east. Use the pedestrian bridge crossing to the east side of the river, and then C. de Embajadores.
- Parque Enrique Tierno Galván loop is Perimeter loop is ~5 km (3.1 miles); Manzanares Lineal Park is up to 6 km one-way
- 124 feet
- Museo del Ferrocarril
- Metro: Delicias or Planetario