This is another one of the unique runs in the world. So-called “Embassy Row” takes you along Massachusetts Ave. from Dupont Circle, ending at the National Cathedral off Wisconsin Ave. You’ll see 150+ embassies, the US Naval Observatory (home of the Vice President), and other important landmarks. The sidewalk is wide and the route is pleasant, featuring a steady uphill of 377 feet between mile 1 at Rock Creek Park and mile 2 at Wisconsin Ave. You can add to the run by continuing along Massachusetts Ave. about another mile to American University, or by joining the trails of Rock Creek Park. Some key landmarks, heading north from Dupont Circle:
- 0.3 miles Phillips Collection, at Florida Ave.
- 0.5 miles Woodrow Wilson House, on right
- 0.75 miles Embassy of Japan, on left
- 1 mile Rock Creek Parkway
- 1.5 miles British Embassy, Naval Observatory
- 2 miles St. Alban’s School
- 2.3 miles National Cathedral
Some of the residential streets off Massachusetts Ave. are very enjoyable for running, with a nice canopy and lovely homes.
- 4.6 miles RT
- 326 feet
- Dupont Circle
- Metro: Dupont Circle