A hilltop forest with picnic areas, olive trees, exercise circuits, hiking trails, boules pitches and a 16th century castle. This 57 hectare (140 acre) park is located just a few km east of Nice. There are 11 km of marked trails in a Mediterranean Forest, with great views. There’s also an arboretum/botanical garden. The area is hilly but the trails are wide and well maintained.
Major sites include Chateau de l’Anglais and nearby Grotto of Lazaret at the foot of Mont Boron. It’s also worth running/hiking up to Fort Alban – a 16th century castle, at 190 meters.
Runners can also enjoy a 1.5 km fitness trail that weaves through the forest past exercise stations. For an extra challenge, run to the park from one of the trails/stairs in Nice or Villefranche-Sur-Mer:
- Escalier de Verre (Avenue des Hespéride, between Nice and Villefranche-Sur-Mer)
- Sentier des Agaves (Avenue Pierrette, just off Boulevard Princesse Grace de Monaco at Cap de Nice)
- Chemin Tranquille (Route Forestière, just before Avenue des Hespéride)
- Chemin des Crêtes du Mont Boron (Boulevard du Mont Boron, just before Plateau du Mont Boron)
- 11 km of marked trails
- In park, or take one of the trails from Nice or Villefranche-Sur-Mer
- By car from Nice, or the area is serviced by bus (#30 from Nice Center)
Comment on this Route/Share a Photo!
Share your feedback on this route and see that of other Great Runs users. Click on the image icon to upload a photo. And please let us know if there are notes or changes we should incorporate!