In the northern section of Brussels is the Brussels Expo (convention center), and the Laeken/Jette neighborhoods. Business travelers especially might end up in this area. Best running in this area is a series of parks, shown in the map, which added together are ~5 miles from one end to the other.
- Parc de Laeken. Lovely park with gardens and paths, Leopold Monument, and 1780s Palace de Laeken. One can put together ~3 miles from the I Atomium to the Palace, and surrounding paths.
- Parc de la Jeunesse and Parc Roi Baudouin. Linear park just east of Parc de Laeken. Head through Leopold Sq. to get there.
- Bois de Laerbeek. Just past Parc Roi, head into the lovely trails of Bois de Laerbeek, lined with beech trees. Use Rue de Bois and Petite Ruse Saine-Anne.
- 5.25 miles. Multiple mileage options
- 233 feet
- Parc d'Osseghem, at the Atomium near mini-Europe.
- 4 miles north of center. Metro: Heysel