Özdere is a pleasant resort town on the İzmir peninsula, located 45 minutes north of Kuşadası. There’s some scenic running on a waterfront promenade, with opportunities to explore the side streets and hillside roads above the Icarian Sea. Our thanks to Mike Heywood for this route suggestion!
The promenade runs for 1.7 km from Özdere Sevgi Parkı to just past the Paloma Pasha Hotel, on Çukuraltı Halk Beach. It’s a dedicated waterfront path, with great water views and a festive scene. Longer description from Mike Heywood here.
For a longer run, a couple of options:
- Run the side streets up to Atatürk Blv. You can then run along this main road — there are some nice views of the marina. There’s a sidewalk.
- Explore the hills above the water. From the Paloma Pasha Hotel, take the 2094 sk road to Atatürk Blv., turn LEFT, and then join the road that runs along the outside perimeter of the Kalemlik Orman Kampi campground. There are some nice views. Overall, this involves ~100m of climbing, in two segments.
- Waterfront path is 1.7 km one-way; Roudtrip route that combines the waterfront & hillside is 8.2 km
- Waterfront section is flat; Route including hillside is 114m (two climbs of ~50m each)
- Waterfront path in Özdere