Gulf Shore Way West is one of the best water view stretches for running on PEI. It’s 10 km one-way from North Rustico to Cavendish Beach, on a dedicated, multi-use path for most of the way. Views of red sandstone cliffs and the Gulf of St. Lawrence. Some interior sections are more forested. The most scenic sections:
- North Rustico section. First 2.5 km along the North Rustico Harbor Trail, to just short of Macneill Ln.
- The 5 km between Cape Rd. and the Cavendish Beach parking lot. Good water views most of the way.
The path is administered by Prince Edward Island National Park.
- Up to 10.7 km (6.7 miles) one-way. Run specific sections!
- 271 feet over 10.7 km
- North Rustico or Cavensish Beach or any point along the path
- Trailheads at North Rustico and at Cawnpore Lane (Oceanview Lookoff)