Creative Commons 3.0: 3Kathleen3
Historic Victoria Ave. is the most scenic on-road running spot in the Riverside area. This divided scenic street, originally developed in 1892, is popular for its many trees and exotic plants used to landscape the route, with navel orange groves surrounding the area. There is a separated path alongside the road that’s pleasant for running — even providing some shade! We should note that it’s a busy road with traffic in each direction — so it’s not entirely bucolic. But it is a pleasant green spot and an easy to follow run!
Overall, the road runs for 7.6 miles from La Sierra Ave. north to Arroyo Dr. Good parking access at the Arlington Sports Complex. For variety, you can do a loop for part of this, incorporating Victoria Ave. with the Gage Canal Trail, a gravel path along the Gage Canal that can be picked up off Central Ave./Arlington Ave.
Some good side Options/add-Ons:
- California Citrus State Historic Park. Some nice trails here Just west of the Arlington Sports Complex.
- Running Track. At the Riverside Polytechnic High School, off Central Ave, at the north end
- Gage Canal Trail. Good option to make this route more of a loop! Pick up off Central Ave./Arlington Ave.
- Up to 7.6 miles (12.2 km) one-way
- 225 feet (68m) one-way
- South End: La Sierra Ave.; North EndArroyo Dr., just north of Central Ave.
- Good parking access at the Arlington Sports Complex.
Comment on this Route/Share a Photo!
Share your feedback on this route and see that of other Great Runs users. Click on the image icon to upload a photo. And please let us know if there are notes or changes we should incorporate!