The educational/cultural/medical center of Cleveland, located in the area around University Circle, is great for running. Around the Cleveland Museum of Art, there’s a series of parks and promenades, which then leads to the pleasant campus of Case Western University. One could easily put together 3-4 miles of running in this area. Using Euclid Ave. as a benchmark, there are three ‘areas’ here:
- North of Euclid, enjoy the paths around the Museum, Botanical Gardens, Wade Oval, and Case Western Paths near the DiSanto Field.
- South of Euclid. Campus of Case Western west of University Hospital, jaunt over to little Italy using using Murray Hill Rd. (~1 mile)
- Linear Park: North toward the lakefront using the paths paralleling MLK Drive, for 3.5 miles; South toward Shaker Lakes Park using paths along Fairhill Rd./N. Park Blvd., through Ambler Park and Fairhill Rd./Rockefeller Park. It is 4 miles from University Circle to Horsehoe Lakes Park.
- Shaker Lakes Loop Trail: Run a 3.8 mile loop between the Shaker Lakes and Fairmont Blvd. historic districts, between Horsehoe Lake and Lower Shaker Lake.
- DIY around University Square; To Shaker Lakes is 9.5 miles out and back
- 432 feet
- Cleveland Museum of Natural History