Aside from paths along the Mississippi River, the Duck Creek River Parkway is another good option for a longer off-road run in Davenport. The paved multi-use trail travels for 12 miles between Emeis Park in west Davenport and Havens Acres Park in Riverdale. The trail connects several parks and residential neighborhoods. The closest access point to downtown Davenport is Junge Park, ~3 miles north. The terrain is a combination of neighborhoods, park fields, and some wooded sections.
From Emeis Park, here are key distances & landmarks:
- 3 miles: Marquette Park
- 3.5 miles: Junge Park (closest access to downtown. Botanical Garden is ~1 mile south)
- 4.3 miles: N Brady St. & running track at Brady St. Stadium
- 5 miles: Garfield Park
- 7 miles: Duck Creek Park (additional trails)
- 9 miles-11.5 miles: Veterans Park/Hollow View Park/Devils Glen Park
- Up to 11.5 miles (18.4 km) one-way
- 270 feet (83m) one-way, west to east
- West end is at Emeis Park in west Davenport; East End is Havens Acres Park in Riverdale
- Numerous parks along the way provide access points. Closest access to downtown is Junge Park.