Runners traveling down the “mid-coast” of Australia south of Gold Coast will find more than 60 km of beaches and bluffs along the Solitary Islands Coastal Walk. This beloved route between Red Rock and Coffs Harbor/Sawtell is known for its scenery, and almost any corner is worth exploring. The footing is runnable but this is more easy to moderate trail running. Follow the lighthouse markers to stay on the path. Note that ‘track’ = trail
The trail segments are as follows:
- Red Rock Beach to Arrawarra Beach (10 km),
- Arrawarra Beach to Safety Beach (6 km)
- Safety Beach to Woolgoolga Headland (2.8 km)
- Woolgoolga Headland to Sandy Beach (4.8 km)
- Sandy Beach to Look At Me Now Headland (4 km)
- Look At Me Now Headland to Moonee Beach (5.5 km)
- Moonee Beach to Hills Beach (7 km)
- Hills Beach to Charlesworth Bay (1.5 km)
- Park Beach Reserve to Coffs Jetty (1.4 km)
- Coffs Jetty to Boambee Headland (8 km)
- Boambee Headland to Bonville Headland (3 km).
The Coffs Creek trail (along the waterway of the same name) is another great addition in Coffs Harbor.
Comment on this Route/Share a Photo!
Share your feedback on this route and see that of other Great Runs users. Click on the image icon to upload a photo. And please let us know if there are notes or changes we should incorporate!